Friday 20 December 2013

Tis the season to be jolly!

Hello! I'm feeling super festive at the moment - tis very much the season. The advent calendar is up, the tree is very much up, and (cheese factor one trillion) good cheer is all around! I love Christmas because of all the wonderful things that come with it - the smell of pine needles and cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, the wreaths and ribbons, the mince pies and mistletoe, gah just EVERYTHING.
I love all the traditions about Christmas - for example, our friends in Czecho always send us some of these pretty pop-up angels to decorate the house with. I especially like these ones because of how gorgy and collagey they are! (Look at the little lace flowers!!)

We had our last day of school today, which was lovely because we just watched films and ate Pringles. We all exchanged presents, and felt very lovey-dovey towards one another! I know some people go away for Christmas, but I wouldn't rather be anywhere but right here, at home. I think Derbyshire in winter is lovely (if a little cold) - the bare tree skeletons are like black lace against the pearly sky...gone a little bit poetic! I hope you all have a holly jolly Christmas, and I'll leave you with the best Christmas song ever. Merry Christmas!
Sophie
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment